IFTAR @MM Road Bengaluru

Gone are those days when IFTAR  treats were freshly made by women at home and shared among neighbours..I was born and bought up in Frazer town which is upper-middle-class residential locality, I stayed in a bungalow right opposite to the mosque and still remember those days just before sunset the holy prayers were offered and the fast was broken it used to be so sacred to watch all this activity...to tell you the truth MM road did not have a single food stall when I was a kid we hardly used to see any crowd and the tight nit Muslim community we were in always used to send us some delicious home made treats like paya and idiyappam, samosas and jamuns these were the treats we used to enjoy from our neighbours and never to forget the biryani during EID...


In my teens  there was this guy from mumbai who used to place his samosa stall near the mosque only during IFTAR and we used to rush to him for some hot samosas during tea time...and due to property disputes we sold our family property and moved away from city...its after 20years I returned to my home town to see the change I'm happy and sad at the same time to see all this activity...sad because our locality used to be so clam absolutely no activity...I'm happy to see and feel the vibe both young and old flocking to savour best treats in town, its a true feast for eyes and tummy.... nevertheless to say I'm a true believer of home cooked goodies...due to time constrain we are forced to shell out few bucks and also enjoy the vibe around... 
My Video...
I only went there seeing a huge social media presence once I reached my destination I saw huge amounts of Samosas, Haleem, Kababs, Biryani and Roti rolls prepared fresh and all of these are sold at a competitive price. dishes sold here starts from 50 Rs to 700 Rs for a complete meal. I ended up spending 1000rs for 2 people..

Its a spread fit only for nonveg lovers this spread offers beef, camel, quail, fish, chicken and mutton sold either grilled in a stick or rolled in a roti...what amazed me the most was cooking on a stone this is a traditional way of grilling meats the nomadic way or also know as the Bhatkally cuisine...

There were some details bothering me...huge amounts of food colouring, oil and butter were used in some recipes which is okay to savour once in a while but not everyday...but then there is always grilled stuff to keep you fit a lot of meats are barbecued on coals and wood some are marinated in tandoori masala while some are marinated in freshly made chutney either ways meats are cooked to perfection to suit the taste pallet of customers...

My picks from this massive food party are samosa @12rs per piece, chicken shawarma @60rs per piece, kheema pav @105rs per plate, Chicken Biryani @160rs per plate, Sheek Kababs @200rs per plate, chicken kabab @220rs full plate Fruit salad @20rs per serving, and Falooda @80rs per serving.

SOME CLICKS FROM THE EVENT
Chicken Rolls...

Mutton Samosa...

Mutton, Chicken and Beef roti...

Camel Sheeks...

Butter Chicken Grilled, Tabak Maaz, Quail and Tandoori Maachi...

Chicken Biryani...

Chicken Haleem...

Chicken Lollipops...

Bhuna Gosht(Beef stir fry)

Stone Grilled Camel....

Idiappam and salana... rice kheer...


Kheema Pav....

RasMalai...Gulab Jamun...

Phrini...

Kulfi...
Fruit Juices...Falooda

Double Ka Meetha...

Refreshing Fruit Salad...

Comments