5 Ingredients Strawberry Mousse


Strawberries are totally in season now I cant wait to show more recipes and bulk strawberry preservation for summer. these seasonal fruits and veggies can be stored in puree or chunky format either ways these veggies and fruits will last you all summer.

Pureed veggies can be used in soups sauces and so on carrots and other winter veggies can get costly during summer I will be doing a series of preservation and recipes in my up coming blog posts soon so stay tunned.


Video recipe posted in English subscribe for more videos...

ASUS India sent me their newest mobile Zenfone6 for a test drive, I loved the fact, that I get to use the smart phone for a week plus the applications on the mobile is so user friendly. I was totally surprised to see my dad and mom started using the mobile so fast when I gave them the zenfone6. they have no prior knowledge of using many applications on the mobile as they both own a basic model mobile in fact they were showing me so many things that i was not aware of ...

ZenFone 6 is equipped with a high resolution 1280 x 800 6-inch HD IPS+ display, delivering a maximum brightness of 400 nits for best readability even when outdoors. Scrolling is virtually without any noticeable lag. A resilient anti-fingerprint coating effectively reduces smudges on the screen!..


I was playing with the HDR and Depth of field mode on the cam settings just to see the contrast color and picture quality. I tend to play my game safe while shooting for blog my most go to cam settings are Auto or Auto ISO mode when using my DSLR I rarely tend to use the night vision and so on.

 ‪#‎MyAsusZenFone‬ ‪#‎zenfone6‬ ‪#‎Asus‬ ASUS India

The entire shoot of strawberry mousse was shot around 4 to 6 pm using Zenfone6. I started my shoot with the HDR mode = High Dynamic Range Imaging. the aim to use the HDR is for color calibration and wanted to feature a greater dynamic range. I was totally satisfied with the out come normally when using a DSLR we have to depend on many software's and other pic editing apps to get the right exposure and HDR effect but with zenfone6 it can be done in minutes.

The Depth of field is one of my favorites its so user friendly and the clarity was bang on. the aperture and focusing distance is to attain the macro fading effect. Half my time was saved with this dof mode normally when using a DSLR we will have to change bulky lens and then shoot but on zenfone6 it was awesome I could achive the fading background and clarity on many pics..

A bowl of candy peanuts was shot on HDR Mode.

Peppermint candy was shot on HDR mode.

Full bloom was shot with the depth of field mode.

Ingredients:
500 Grams of Fresh Strawberries
1 to 1 1/2 Cups of Sugar adjust the amount of sugar as per the sourness in the fruit. I used 1 cup sugar for this recipe.
1 Box Strawberry Jello Mix
1 Tbsp Oil
2 Box=100 grams of Whipping Cream


Prepare Strawberry Syrup:

  • Remove the leafy heads from the berry chop and add to a heavy bottom pot or pan along with sugar and 1 cup water.
  • Place the pan on low flame till the sugar melts and then switch to medium flame keep stirring and cook the strawberries until well done.
  • Once the strawberries are done pass it through a sieve and extract the pulp this is how you prepare the syrup.
  • Once the pulp/syrup is cooled store it in a jam jar or glass bottle in the fridge and use for all the desserts. this syrup will store upto 6 months.
  • If needed you can also add white vinegar to make sure it does not spoil add about 2 tbsp of white vinegar stir and bottle it for further use.


Method to Prepare Mousse:

  • Following the package directions I whipped the cream and stored it in the fridge. Whipping cream out of a box is so easy to use.
  • Measure 1 1/2 cups of the strawberry syrup it was still warm to the touch at that point I added the jello mix and gave it a good whisk until the mix was dissolved then added  the oil and whisked for a minute.
  • By adding oil to the syrup it gives a glossy effect and the mousse is shiny.
  • Once the syrup is cooled I added spoon fulls of syrup to the whipping cream and fold with gentle hands.
  • Once the syrup is folded in thoroughly I placed the  mixture in the fridge to set.
  • After 1 hours time remove the mousse from the fridge and add to a pipping bag with a large star tip nozzle and pipe the mousse to a serving shot glass and chilled further.
  • Just before serving chop a fresh strawberries garnish the mousse with the fruit and drizzle a tad bit of syrup on top and serve chilled..enjoy..:)


Visit ASUS for Further Info:

Please do not copy any content and pics from this blog. this is my original recipe. If you like my post share the blog link among your friends and family. thank you so much for visiting my space.

Comments