Orange and Paneer Kheer Recipe


I guess everyone now knows the paneer kheer story from my old blog post. Just cant believe its almost 6 years since I'm blogging...I've been planning to update my old recipes with new twist and what I like now. This recipe is one among many that I wanted to update for long time. 

Subscribe to me on YT English and YT Tamil for regular updates...:)

 Original recipe posted back in 2010 for recipe please click here

Ingredients:
100 Grams Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese)
2 Oranges (Peeled and pith removed de-seeded we need only the orange segments) we can also use canned orange segments...
2 Tbsp Corn Flour
1/2 Cup Water
1/2 Tin Condensed Milk or 1/2 Cup Sugar
10 Almonds, cashews and pista chopped
10 to 20 Raisins
Few Strands Saffron
3  Pods Cardamom
Canned Cherries optional
 500 ML Milk
Follow me on FB + Twitter + Zomato for regular updates...

Method: Bring Milk to a boil on medium flame keep stirring and reduce the milk a bit. Grate the paneer and reserve. peel and de-seed the oranges and reserve only the segments. 

Add condensed milk and keep stirring once we add condensed milk to the boiling milk it might stick to the bottom of the pot and burn we must stir the milk and add the condensed milk simultaneously. Instead of using full fat milk and cream I'm using skimmed milk and condensed milk to reduce the calorie content. But then if your in a mood for desserts we really cannot count on calories...

To the boiling milk add the cardamom pods just open the pods a bit and add to the milk along with the cardamom add saffron and stir the milk.

Place the milk on medium flame add the corn starch and keep whisking until the milk coats the spoon. Place the custard on low flame and add the paneer stir once and remove from flame allow to cool in room temperature. Add the orange segments, nut and cherries stir and chill the milk serve chilled...Enjoy...:)


Comments